Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Moment of THANKS

How amazing it is that God knows us so well, He knows exactly what and who we need at exactly the right time. I’ve been recently amazed by some of the people that I’ve been fortunate enough to have encounters with. They make me realize the beauty of PEOPLE and the power of human contact.

With my 'DAY job', I don’t have much of that. I miss that interaction with people, real people. It’s nice to actually have actual encounters with people and to learn more about their lives. Hence, another reason I LOVE photography so much. Not only am I able to capture a special moment in someone's life - but I'm also able to interact with them, on such a personal level. Whether it is a bride and groom on their wedding day, a special family 'moment', or helping a young lady see how beautiful she really is, it's a privilege to capture such moments in time.

In those moments, I've been able to meet some pretty special people and learn about their lives, struggles, triumphs, failures - and I must say, I'm so amazed at how strong people really are. To go through their struggles, hardships, pain … and in light of them, they find hope and comfort in knowing that it all happens for a reason. I’m astounded by their strength and perseverance - and thankful that in this business, I'm able to meet them and call them FRIENDS. That goes for other photographers I've had the privilege to meet as well!

To each of you, thank you for giving me a little part of yourself - and showing me what it truly means to be courageous. I am forever grateful and can only hope to be as strong some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment