Friday, July 22, 2011

Just BREATHE

It's amazing how moments pass us by. I often think about moments I've seen come and go. If I'm honest, there have been quite a few in my life time. I hate that feeling. I think sometimes we get so caught up in life's struggles - daily worries - we forget to notice what's right in front of us. We forget to realize that we've been blessed with a new day - to perhaps, make up for some of those LOST moments.

I feel beyond blessed most days. Becoming a mother has made me realize how even more beautiful life is. Not that I didn't think it was before motherhood - but I'm much more aware - I'm much more 'honed' in on how precious life truly is - and how much of a blessing it truly is.

While I can't control life's struggles, the ups and downs, I'm grateful for the MOMENTS that make up my life. Sure, sometimes I worry and struggle with the 'little things', the disappointments - but in the grand scheme of things, those things just don't matter. What matters is the HERE - the NOW. After all, who knows if I'll be here tomorrow - and what good is it to worry and fret about the 'little things' - the things we have no control over?

There is so much beauty and joy all around us, if we just stop, take a breather, and stand in awe of it. So today, on this beautiful Friday morning, STOP, just BREATHE, then take a look around you, and marvel in the moments that make up your life – before they pass you by – and you forget what a blessing they really are.

The JOY of my life - my son Eli Joseph. :) [7 months]

No comments:

Post a Comment