Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Humbled

I had a very special honor last week, to talk with students about two loves of my life: writing + photography.

I used to work with Jenny at WNDU and we became pretty close - even after our jobs led us two different directions.

She currently teaches at Ivy Tech - the Elkhart campus. She asked me to come chat with her students about my writing career, along with my pursuit of photography.

I get pretty nervous in front of people, so I must admit, I was a little nervous. But, seeing Jenny there and the students welcoming me with such warmth, my nervousness quickly subsided.

It's such a joy to talk about the things that I love - and what a HUGE honor it is to speak about those things to people who are genuinely listen. I am humbled by the experience and hope the chat wasn't to boring! :)

Thank you Jenny for letting me come talk with your class! And to all the AMAZING students I was so privileged to meet - good luck in your ventures in college, and beyond! Always remember, no feat is impossible with perseverance and a good teacher! ;)

Ivy Tech - Elkhart: It's a beautiful campus.
The students, and their fearless leader, let me take a photo of them. Thank you guys!
The sky was BEAUTIFUL when I left the campus. I couldn't help but snap a photo of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment