Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful ...

I think we all have these ideas of what our lives are going to be like when we are young. We think becoming a ‘grown-up’ is going to make life ALL better; perhaps make like a little easier…OH…if we only knew.

I think the reality of it is we don’t really anticipate the disappointment that life can bring…AND…with that…we don’t anticipate the BLESSING that life can be either…

Sometimes it seems like this double-edged sword that no matter how hard you try, you can’t escape from it…which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, yet I think we embrace BLESSING yet dismiss the hard times because, well, it’s hard! Yet, with it all, I think God is trying to give us an idea of what we TRULY have, what we should TRULY be thankful for…

We try so hard to attain success, yet what really is the meaning of that word? As children we think having money is the key, or maybe making it to the 'big town' to make a name for ourselves is another thought…I don’t know really…I just know that as I’ve grown up, I’ve come to the realization that it doesn’t matter what ‘stuff’ I have, or if my name is plastered across the front page of the newspaper in recognition of something, but it’s who I am as a person that really matters…

Think about it…MOST people in the world who have EVERYTHING they’ve ever wanted are the most miserable people dwelling on the face of the earth! As the saying goes, ‘Money can’t buy happiness’; yet I also believe ‘Stuff’ can’t buy happiness either!

I’ve been BLESSED beyond measure with the many people in my life who have chosen to be a part of it...and despite my dreams of my younger years, and the hard times that life can sometimes bring, I think my life, to this point is perhaps what it should have been all along…and for that, I truly am BLESSED…

No comments:

Post a Comment