Friday, August 26, 2011

The Expose Yourself Project {Day 1 through Day 5}

I'm taking part in a project I just so happened to see on Facebook - I'm so happy I saw it.

It's a two-week project for photographers who are in need of desperate rejuvenation, and inspiration. It's the Expose Yourself Project and it's a series of thought-provoking challenges. While I wish I had more time to devote to it, I already feel inspired ... not only by the challenges, but also by the AMAZING photographers also taking part. It's amazing how just one small movement, can inspire so many.

Here's a glimpse at Day 1 through 5:

The Expose Project: Day 1 {My Best Trait} ... The ability to be a mother. Although I don't get it right most days, I feel lucky and privileged to be a mom to my little 8-month old Eli Joseph. :) He, along with my hubby, have helped me become a better person and both have brought so much joy into my life. Becoming a mother is such a special gift - and in the moments throughout his life thus far, I've realized the little things are what matter most. Life is PRECIOUS and enjoying it is such a beautiful way to live. While I'm not perfect, I don't think being perfect makes you a good parent. It's all about the LOVE.

The Expose Project: Day 2 {I am Influenced By ...} I am influenced by all of the amazing creative things around me. Whether it's a good book, a crafty potter, or a jewelry maker, there is beauty in everything. Our creativity and talents are what make this place called EARTH so wonderful to live in. I am amazed by other people's talents and creativity and I must say, that has a HUGE influence on me, daily. :)

The Expose Project: Day 3 {Me in One Object} My journal. Writing is such a HUGE part of my life. Ever since I was little, I wrote. I wrote down my frustrations, my fears, my failures, my dreams ... still today, I write ... while I wish I could write more frequently, it still remains the one thing that helps me process a long day, interpret my rambling thoughts ... and most importantly, appreciate where I've been and where I'm going. :)

The Expose Project: Day 4 {My Biggest Mistake} I have to admit, this one was tough. While I look at my life and think, to this point, I don't have any regrets, I do look back and realize I've had some pretty good screw ups. I think my biggest mistake was not speaking up when I should have. There are a few instances in particular that I can think of, but in general, not speaking up for what I believed in - what I believed to be RIGHT - what I believed to be TRUE. At this point in my life, I've learned that it doesn't matter what others think - I will stand up for what I believe in - and I will SPEAK truth, no matter what anyone says or thinks.

The Expose Project: Day 5 {The Apple of my Eye} It's my baby boy Eli. :) He brings so much joy, so much love, so many BLESSINGS into our lives. It's amazing being a parent. So happy and so thankful that God decided to bless us with this PRECIOUS gift.


2 comments: